How To Make 20-Minute Blender Oatmeal Muffins
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup cinnamon applesauce
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- shredded coconut, chopped pecans or walnuts, chocolate chips or blueberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside.
- Combine the oats, bananas, applesauce, yogurt, brown sugar, egg, honey, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a blender. Pulse 10-15 times, or until the batter is smooth. It doesn’t need to be completely smooth, just well combined.
- Using a large cookie scoop or 1/4 cup, add the batter to the liners. You want them to be about 3/4 of the way full. Add toppings if desired to the top of the batter.
- Bake for 14 to 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes clean.
- If you would like to use regular applesauce, you can add in 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- For mini muffins, heat the oven to 375ºF and bake for only 10 minutes. Makes 48 mini muffins.
- To freeze muffins: Prepare and bake as you normally would. Once cooked and cooled, add to airtight freezer-safe containers or freezer bags (make sure to squeeze the air out). Label and freeze. To reheat, place in microwave for 15-30 seconds or let them reheat in a toaster oven.