- 6 apples – peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Toss apples with white sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a medium bowl to coat; pour into a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Mix brown sugar, oats, flour, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a separate bowl. Use a pastry cutter or 2 forks to mash cold butter into the oats mixture until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs; spread over the apples to the edges of the baking dish. Pat the topping gently until even.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown and sides are bubbling, about 40 minutes.
Source : allrecipes.com