- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound grilled chicken breast strips
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pecan halves (optional)
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne pasta and cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes; drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, red pepper, and asparagus; cook and stir 5 minutes until the garlic softens and mellows. Pour in the chicken broth, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Simmer until the vegetables have softened, then add the basil, salt, pepper, butter, and chicken. Cook and stir a few minutes until the chicken is hot. Stir in the cooked pasta, then fold in the Parmesan cheese and pecan halves to serve.
Source : allrecipes.com