These Baked Sweet Potato Fries will change your life. I’m serious! They are salty-sweet, crunchy, and spicy if you wish. Baked sweet potato fries have been one of my favorite snacks since I first shared the recipe eight years ago.
These crispy fries beat their fast-food fried Russet cousins in simplicity and ease. They require fewer cooking steps because they’re baked rather than fried.
How To Make Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (peeled and washed)
- 2 tbsp oil (I use canola or olive oil)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika or chili powder (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 415°F. Line a baking sheet with nonstick foil or parchment paper. If using foil, lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into thin wedges (about 1/4" x 3").
- Place sweet potatoes fries in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Toss with olive oil. Then bake for 15 minutes. Mix together the seasonings and sprinkle evenly over the fries. Then flip them and bake an additional 10-15 minutes, or until crisp. Enjoy fries while hot!