This classic bread pudding recipe is made from just a few simple ingredients and full of homemade flavor. Top it off with a vanilla butter sauce!
How To Make Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups whole milk
- 10 slices hearty farmhouse-style bread, toasted and cut into cubes
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk 3 eggs, white sugar, 2 tablespoons of light brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/4 cup of butter, and 3 cups of whole milk together, and gently stir in the bread cubes and raisins. Lightly spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned and set in the middle, 50 to 55 minutes; cover the dish with foil after 30 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Let the pudding stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- For vanilla sauce, whisk 1/2 cup of light brown sugar, the flour, a pinch of cinnamon, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, 1 1/4 cups of whole milk,and salt together in a heavy saucepan until smooth. Heat over medium heat, whisking constantly, until thickened and the sauce coats the back of a spoon, 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in the vanilla extract. Pour sauce over warm bread pudding, or serve on the side in a bowl.
Source : allrecipes.com