How To Make Best Paleo Avocado Chocolate Cake
- 2 cups raw sweet potato minced
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup black cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or more salt to taste
- 1 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato see notes on how to make
- 1/2 cup avocado
- 1 cup medjool dates pitted
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line the bottom of two 6" spring form cake pans with rounds of parchment paper.
- In a food processor mince sweet potato. Then in a blender combine all ingredients for cake until smooth.
- Divide batter in-between the two cake pans. Bake on 350F for 45-50 minutes, then chill in freezer while you make frosting.
- For frosting, steam sweet potato cubes, then drain water, and combine with rest of frosting ingredients until smooth (about 5 minutes). Chill until ready to frost.