How To Make Best Rice Crispy Treats Recipe
- 1 10 oz bag mini marshmallows*
- ¼ cup butter
- 6 cups Crispy Rice Cereal
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Grease a 8x8” or 9x9" square pan, set aside.
- Melt butter in a large, deep sauce pot (5 quarts) over low heat.
- Once butter is mostly melted, add marshmallows and stir until smooth (this takes about 3-6 minutes).
- Once butter/marshmallow mixture is smooth, add vanilla extract and stir to combine, then remove from heat.
- Add crispy rice cereal and sea salt to the large pot with the marshmallow mixture and mix until combined. (If desired, at this point you can add mix-ins like sprinkles M&Ms, etc.)
- Quickly pour the rice crispy treat mixture into the prepared pan.
- Use a greased spatula or greased hands to gently press the rice crispy treat mixture into the pan until the top is level.
- If desired, at this point you can add sprinkles, chocolate chips, etc. to the top. Just be sure to gently press them onto the top of the rice crispy treats.
- Allow the rice crispy treats to sit at room temperature until cooled, about 1 hour.
- Cut into 9 or 16 squares and serve!
- 1 (10 oz) bag mini marshmallows = 6 cups mini marshmallows
- For a vegan version, use vegan marshmallows and vegan butter (like Earth Balance)
- Nutrition information is calculated for this recipe making 9 rice crispy treats.