- 1 large buttercup squash, halved and seeded
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place squash cut-side down in a baking dish; fill with 1/4 inch of water.
- Bake squash in the preheated oven until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Heat butter in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir onion until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Heat chicken broth, basil, marjoram, black pepper, and cayenne in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Scoop flesh from squash into a blender or food processor; add onion and cream cheese. Blend mixture until smooth, working in batches if needed. Mix squash mixture into broth mixture; cook, stirring frequently, until soup is heated through but not boiling, about 5 minutes.
Source : allrecipes.com