How To Make Caprese Pasta Salad
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 4-5 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp capers, drained and roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz bocconcini fresh mozzarella balls (or fresh mozzarella cut into 1/2" cubes)
- 12 oz dried orecchiette pasta (or other shortcut pasta)
- 3 Tbsp pine nuts, lightly toasted (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, add dressing ingredients and whisk until well combined. Reserve 2 Tbsp of dressing and place in an airtight container and set aside.
- Add cherry tomatoes and fresh mozzarella to mixing bowl with the dressing and toss to combine. Let sit and marinate approximately 30 minutes.
- While the cheese and tomatoes are marinating, boil pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and toss with a drizzle of olive oil. Let cool slightly.
- Add pasta to mixing bowl and toss to combine. Transfer to serving container, cover and refrigerate 1-2 days. Before serving, toss pasta salad with reserved dressing and serve.