- 4 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 small red onions, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pistachios
- Place Brussels sprouts in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover saucepan and steam 8-10 minutes or until Brussels sprouts are tender yet crisp.
- Melt the butter in a deep skillet, add the onions and 3 tablespoons vinegar; cook until onions brown.
- Add the Brussels sprouts, sugar and remaining vinegar. Saute over medium heat until the Brussels sprouts are lightly caramelized.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with pistachios.
Source : allrecipes.com