- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced pineapple in juice, drained – divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix together the light brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of black pepper, thyme, cumin, 1 teaspoon of garlic salt, paprika, chili powder, and nutmeg in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Rub both sides of chicken breasts with the spice mixture, and place into a 9×9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle any remaining seasoning mix on top of chicken, if desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is lightly browned, no longer pink inside, and the juices run clear, about 30 minutes. An instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a chicken breast should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- While chicken is baking, bring the rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Chop half the pineapple slices. Mix the chopped pineapple, cilantro, and olive oil into the cooked rice, and season to taste with a pinch or two of garlic salt and black pepper. Fluff the rice up with a fork, and transfer to a serving platter. Serve with the baked chicken, topped with remaining pineapple slices.
Source : allrecipes.com