How To Make Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- Birthday Cupcakes
- 5.3 ounces plain or vanilla greek yogurt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups grated carrots
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese , room temperature
- ¼ cup unsalted butter , room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350℉ degrees. Place liners in a cupcake tin and set aside.
- In a large size bowl combine the wet ingredients: eggs, greek yogurt, vegetable oil, sugars, and vanilla extract. Stir until completely combined.
- In a separate medium size bowl combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. Whisk together to combine.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until mostly combined. Fold in the grated carrots and the chopped pecans. Don’t overmix.
- Scoop the batter and fill the cupcake liners about 3/4 full.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Carefully remove the cupcakes from the tin and allow the cupcakes to cool on a wire rack.
- To prepare the frosting add the cream cheese and butter to a mixing bowl. Mix until smooth. Add in the vanilla and powdered sugar. Mix on high speed until frosting is smooth and creamy.
- Spread onto cooled cupcakes with an offset spatula or I used an Ateco 808 tip in a pastry bag.