These Cheesy Chicken Fritters are a surprising way to use chicken breast, but it really works. These fritters are tender, juicy and so flavorful. If you love easy chicken recipes, THESE chicken patties are for you!
How To Make Cheesy Chicken Fritters
- 1.5 lb (700g) skinless boneless chicken breast
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil - finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp chives - chopped
- 2 Tbsp parsley - chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- a pinch of sea salt and fresh ground black pepper - or to taste
- 1 Tbps olive oil - or more to fry
- Place the chicken breast on a chopping board and using a sharp knife, chop it into tiny pieces, then place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Into the large bowl, stir in almond flour, eggs, mozzarella, basil, chives, parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick pan, over medium-low heat. With an ice cream scoop or a large spoon, scoop into the chicken mixture and transfer it to the pan, then slightly flatten to create a fritter. Don't overcrowd the pan, cook the fritters in batches, about 4 per batch.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides, about 6-8 minutes. Keep in mind that you need to cook them at medium-low temp, otherwise they will burn on the outside but won't get well cooked on the inside.
- You can replace the cheese with any shredded melty cheese like cheddar, gouda or provolone.
- Use any of your favorite seasonings and here are a few good ideas: dried oregano, Italian mix, smoked paprika, chili, ground cumin.
- You can replace the chicken with turkey. See more on how to adapt this easy chicken fritters recipe at Tip #2.
- For meal planning, you can place the cheesy chicken fritters in airtight containers and refrigerate them for up to 5 days. Just remember to keep them separate from any side dish, dressing or sauce until you're ready to serve them. (See Tip #3)
- See Tip #4 for side dish ideas.