- 2 cups water
- 1 cup rice
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (26 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated flaky-style biscuit dough, separated
- Bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Pour just enough water into a large skillet to cover the bottom in a shallow layer; add chicken pieces in a single layer. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Turn heat to medium-high and cook chicken, adding water as needed to keep pan wet, until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 7 to 10 minutes; drain liquid.
- Stir cooked rice, cooked chicken, cream of chicken soup, milk, and Mexican blend cheese together in a casserole dish. Smooth the top of the mixture with the back of a spoon. Arrange biscuit dough over the bottom layer, breaking dough pieces as needed to get maximum coverage and to avoid overlap.
- Bake in preheated oven until the biscuit topping is golden brown and the bottom layer is heated through completely, 20 to 35 minutes.
Source : allrecipes.com