Here is the easiest variant of chocolate covered strawberries I understand. Paraffin was initially used rather than shortening. Switch the Berries upside down and add from the toothpicks into a bit of Styrofoam for simple cooling, or just set them onto a sheet of wax paper. White chocolate could be drizzled over the milk chocolate to get a fancier look.
How To Make Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 16 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 pound fresh strawberries with leaves
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and shortening, stirring occasionally until smooth. Holding them by the toothpicks, dip the strawberries into the chocolate mixture.
- Insert toothpicks into the tops of the strawberries.
- Turn the strawberries upside down and insert the toothpick into styrofoam for the chocolate to cool.
Source : allrecipes.com