How To Make Chocolate Hummus
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained (about 1 ¼ cup cooked beans)
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 6 TBS honey or maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut sugar*
- 3 TBS unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 TBS almond milk**
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ - ½ tsp sea salt or to taste
- Put all ingredients in the order listed into the container of a Vitamix Blender.
- Blend, starting on low speed and increasing to high, for 45-60 seconds or until the mixture is smooth.
- You may need to stop, scrape down the sides, and blend again.
- Transfer chocolate hummus to a serving dish and serve with your favorite dippers, or transfer to an airtight container to store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.