- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 ounces golden raisins
- 8 ounces halved glace cherries
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease and line with parchment paper one 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Cream butter or margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add beaten eggs and orange juice and mix well.
- Sift flour and baking powder. Reserve 1/3 cup of flour mixture and toss with raisins and cherries (this will keep them from sinking to the bottom of the cake). Add flour mixture to batter and blend. Add floured raisins and cherries to dough and mix until just combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 2-1/2 hours. Don’t serve until several days old. Wrap the cake in plastic wrap or foil and store in a sealed tin.
Source : allrecipes.com