- 1 butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or as needed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 1 slice fresh ginger, minced
- water to cover
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Pierce butternut squash and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tender, about 45 minutes. Allow squash to cool until easily handled; cut in half, scoop the seeds, peel, and chop the flesh.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and shallot until translucent, about 10 minutes. Add curry powder and turmeric and cook until evenly coated, about 2 minutes.
- Mix squash, apple, and ginger into onion mixture; add enough water to cover. Bring liquid to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until squash and apples are softened, about 15 minutes. Mash soup using a potato masher or blend with an immersion blender until squash is broken up.
- Mix coconut milk and salt into soup and simmer until heated through, about 3 minutes more.
Source : allrecipes.com