How To Make Corn & Cheddar Mashed Potato Fritters
- 1 c . Day Old Mashed Potatoes
- 1 c . Corn, defrosted frozen corn or precooked corn on the cob
- 1/4 c . Scallions, chopped
- 1/3 c . Low Fat Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Large Egg, beaten
- 1/2 c . All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp . Baking Powder
- 1/4 c . Canola Oil, for frying
- Kosher Salt & Black Pepper, to taste to taste
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat until it is hot.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Slowly drop rounded kitchen soup spoons into the oil and flatten the potato mixture slightly.
- Cook 2-3 minutes per side, allowing them to turn golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels or brown bags to remove excess oil.