- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large crisp apple, chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Stir chicken broth and quinoa together in a saucepan; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, place cover on the saucepan, and cook until the broth is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and fluff with a fork.
- Whisk olive oil, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, and cinnamon together in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Drizzle sauce over the quinoa; stir. Add apple pieces, pecan pieces, cranberries, and Parmesan cheese; stir. Return cover to the saucepan and let the mixture steam until the sauce warms and the apples soften slightly, 5 to 10 minutes.
Source : allrecipes.com