This cheesy broccoli is baked in the oven, but comes out super crispy! It might be eaten as a finger food or appetizer with farm dip, or served as a side dish with dinner or some other meal. Kids and adults love it! It’ll soon be a household favored.
- 2 large heads of broccoli (chopped into bite size pieces)
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese (refrigerated)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together.
- In another bowl, mix the Italian bread crumbs, cheddar cheese cheese, parmesan cheese and garlic powder together.
- Dip each piece of broccoli in the egg mixture until well coated, and following that dip them in the cheese and bread crumb mixture until fully coated. In order to get decent coverage, I scatter them nicely and after that really push the broccoli into the bread crumbs to get them to stick.
- Place the broccoli florets that are coated on your own lined baking sheet, and bake for 18-25 minutes. It can take about 20 minutes in my oven keep track of them! The baking time will partly depend on the size of your broccoli bits.
- Love immediately. They’re tasty alone, but we like to dip them in farm dressing.
Make sure to use fresh grated parmesan, not overdone. The nicer the parmesan, the better it sticks to the broccoli (don’t utilize the parmesan cheese that’s not refrigerated in the pasta aisle).
I cut the broccoli in order which I’m using largely the florets, with only enough of the stem to easily pick them up.
DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY