How To Make Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken
- 3-4 bone in skin on, chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or water for lower sodium option
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, chicken broth, brown sugar and garlic; set aside.
- Mix together the basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, parsley, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper, to taste .
- Place chicken breasts into a 6-qt crock pot, season with her mixture, and then stir in balsamic vinegar mixture.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.