How To Make Crockpot Chicken Tacos
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup mild salsa
- for serving: tortillas, shredded cheese, avocado or guacamole, tomatoes, additional salsa, etc.
- Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker. Sprinkle with taco seasoning. Spoon salsa on top of chicken and spread to cover chicken.
- Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours, or on high for 2 hours, until chicken is cooked through. Chicken is done when it registers 165° F on an instant read thermometer.
- Remove chicken to a plate to cool slightly, along with any salsa that is on top of the chicken. Shred chicken with two forks or your fingers and place in a bowl. Stir in some of the liquid from the slow cooker, starting with ¼ cup and adding more as desired.
- Serve chicken in tortillas with toppings as desired.