- 3 delicata squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Place the squash, cut sides down, in a baking dish. Add 1/8 inch water in baking dish, cover with foil and bake 35-40 minutes or until tender. Cool.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Add onion and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until onion is softened but not brown.
- Scrape the squash out of the flesh and add to onions. Add the stock and heavy cream. Cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes.
- Puree the soup in a blender or food processor. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Source : allrecipes.com