These sweet cream cheese filled backyard strawberry are the most finger food for any party. They’re also fun for Valentine’s Day or girl’s night in! In either case, this magnificent table display is going to be the hit of the party.
- 18-24 large strawberries
- 1 (8 oz ) package of cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Prep the backyard strawberry by cutting the stems and slicing them in half. Next, cut a sliver off of the back of each strawberry half so that they sit up right. Then use a small melon baller to carefully hollow out the center (you don’t need to take away much, simply make a tiny enough indent so the cream cheese filling doesn’t slide off). *Pictorial Above
- Set the softened cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice in a mid afternoon mixing bowl (DO NOT add the heavy whipping cream). Beat with an electric mixer till smooth.
- In a distinct mid-sized mixing bowl, beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form (about five minutes).
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Fill a piping bag with the cream cheese mix (I used a star tip), and pipe it onto every sliced strawberry.
- Finish with a dab of graham cracker crumbs.
- Serve and Revel in!
- The number of backyard strawberry you need to coordinate with the amount of cream cheese mix really depends upon the size of the backyard strawberry. I purchased a huge container of garden strawberry out of Costco, and ended up with a bit of leftover cream cheese mix.
- You CAN make the cream cheese mix (including whipped cream) the evening before. My leftovers had been the ideal consistency the following day. I might or might not have been eating it with a spoon.
- The garden strawberry might also be trimmed and cut the day before, just make sure to put them in an air tight container with a paper towel so they don’t get soggy or end up with that fridge taste.
DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY