This Chocolate Ganache Recipe is so easy to prepare with only two ingredients – chocolate and heavy whipping cream! It’s such a simple and delectable dessert topping!
How To Make Chocolate Ganache
- 20 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 20 ounces dark chocolate chips, discs, or any chocolate chopped into small pieces
- Bring heavy whipping cream just to boil either in the microwave or on the stove (I prefer the microwave).
- Pour it over a bowl of small pieces of chocolate.
- Let the cream sit on the chocolate for a minute.
- Stir the ganache until the cream and the chocolate are fully combined.
- While still warm, this ganache is pourable and can be used to drizzle chocolate ribbons or to glaze cookies, cupcakes, or cakes. It can even be used as a filling between cake layers.
- As it starts to cool, it thickens and takes on more of a spreadable consistency.
- At room temperature (after it sits in a covered bowl on the counter for 1-2 hours), the texture is like brownie batter and the ganache can be rolled into balls for truffles or whipped at high speed to make a light, airy chocolate frosting.