Looking for fast and simple dinner recipes to the family? This simple casserole dish is ideal for busy weeknights, picky eaters and husbands! It’s not only delicous, it spending budget friendly, easy to make and a family favored. It’s made with only hamburger, pasta shells, tomato soup, cheese and seasoning to taste. Yum!
- 1 (1lb) box medium pasta shells
- 1lb hamburger
- 2 (10oz) cans tomato soup
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 1/2 cup water
- Garlilc, salt & pepper to taste
- Cook and drain the pasta in accordance with the package directions.
- At the mean time, pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees and grease and 9×13 baking dish.
- In a large frying pan, brown and chop the hamburger with garlic powder, pepper and salt (or any seasoning of your choice).
- Add the cooked pasta, tomato soup, a half cup of water and 50% of the cheese to your frying pan with the browned beef; stir and cook for 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
- Pour the mix into your greased dish and top with the remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for an additional ten minutes (I also like to turn the broiler on for the last 2-3 minutes to brown the cheese).
- Serve instantly and store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 times.
You don’t have to use mozzarella for this dish in case you’d rather use cheddar cheese instead. Your preference! I like the mozzarella because it can make the cheese.
You may also add a diced onion or onion powder to the beef mix in the event you’d like. My family doesn’t care much for onion so I leave it all out.
DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY