- 1 (16 ounce) package fresh strawberries, hulled and large berries cut in half
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 (6 ounce) container fresh raspberries
- 1 (6 ounce) container fresh blackberries
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (9 inch) prepared shortbread pie crust (such as Keebler(R))
- Thoroughly combine strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries in a bowl. Scoop out 3/4 cup of mixed berries and place into a saucepan with 1 cup water and sugar; set remaining berries aside. Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Whisk cornstarch and 1/4 cup water in a bowl until smooth and stir the cornstarch mixture into the hot fruit syrup; stir until the mixture thickens, about 2 minutes. Let the mixture cool completely, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- Pour the thickened berry mixture into fresh berries until thoroughly combined; pour berries and sauce into shortbread pie crust. Place in refrigerator until chilled, at least 1 hour.
Source : allrecipes.com