- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh chives
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
Prep : Cook : Ready In :
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish and line a sheet pan with aluminum foil.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sausage in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer sausage to a plate and set aside, reserving drippings in the skillet.
- Melt sausage drippings and 3 tablespoons butter together in the skillet over medium heat. Add onion and mushrooms; cook until soft, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup flour and cook for 2 minutes; mixture will thicken as flour cooks. Stir in chicken broth and continue to cook and stir until flour lumps dissolve and mixture begins to bubble, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and add sage. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir heavy cream into the mixture and add reserved sausage, turkey, and mixed vegetables. Adjust seasoning if necessary and pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl for topping. Stir in 1 cup heavy cream at first; gradually add remaining cream to form a wet, sticky dough.
- Drop large tablespoon-sized dough balls on top of the meat and vegetable mixture, evenly spacing 15 to 16 balls in total.
- Combine melted butter, parsley, chives, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Brush mixture lightly over each dough ball. Place the baking dish onto the prepared sheet pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly and topping is browned, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack for about 30 minutes before serving.
Source : allrecipes.com