- 1 (8 ounce) package broad egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 apples – peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in the egg noodles, and return to a boil. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the noodles have cooked through, but are still firm to the bite, about 5 minutes. Drain well. Place cooked noodles into a mixing bowl.
- With an electric mixer, beat egg whites in a bowl until they form stiff peaks; set egg whites aside. Whisk the egg yolks together in a bowl until smooth, and mix in the sugar until well combined. Pour egg yolk mixture over the noodles, and mix in the cinnamon, apples, raisins, and almonds. Gently fold in the beaten egg whites, trying to keep as much volume as possible. Pour the kugel into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the kugel is browned and the center is set, about 30 minutes.
Source : allrecipes.com