- 3/4 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1/3 cup chopped tomatillos
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth, or more as needed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place lettuce, cilantro, green chiles, tomatillos, green onions, and garlic in a blender. Puree, adding enough broth to make 3 cups liquid.
- Heat oil in a 2- to 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add rice and saute until opaque, about 5 minutes. Add broth mixture and salt; bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer until rice is tender, 18 to 20 minutes.