- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle liquid fajita marinade
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 onion, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- Combine chicken strips and fajita marinade in a large bowl. Let marinate in the refrigerator, 1 hour to overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Combine oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Clean heads of romaine lettuce; cut in half from end to end. Brush halved romaine lettuce with oil-garlic mixture.
- Add sliced peppers and onions to the oil-garlic mixture. Toss to combine.
- Arrange the romaine cut-side down on the oiled grill. Cook just until grill marks appear, about 2 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- If you have a grill basket, spread marinated chicken evenly in the basket; otherwise, thread chicken and vegetables on skewers. Grill chicken for 5 minutes. Turn the chicken in the basket, add the vegetables, and grill until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the chicken reaches 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 10 minutes more.
- Slice grilled lettuce and place on serving plates. Divide chicken and vegetables evenly over the grilled romaine lettuce.
Source : allrecipes.com