How To Make Grilled Chicken Pineapple Skewers
- 1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 to 3 drops of toasted sesame seed oil - optional
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into approximately 2" chunks
- 1 whole fresh pineapple - cut into 2" chunks
- Mix together marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Place chicken chunks in a gallon size zip top bag. Add marinade, reserving 1/4 cup. Place in fridge for approximately 1 hour.
- If using wooden skewers - soak in water placed in a shallow dish for 30 minutes.
- Skewer chicken then pineapple chunk onto skewers and set aside. Heat grill to medium high heat. Rub grill grate with vegetable oil or spray with grill cooking spray.
- Place chicken skewers on grill and cook for approximately 10 minutes. Brush on reserved marinade and turn skewers. Brush on any remaining marinade and continue to cook until chicken is done.
- Remove from heat and serve.