- 2 cups white rice
- 4 cups water
- 12 ounces country-style smoked link sausage
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup diagonally sliced celery, 1 inch thick
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple rings in juice, cubed and juice reserved
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Bring rice and 2 cups water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Place sausages into a skillet with 1/2 cup water over medium heat, cover, and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Thinly slice sausages. Combine sausages with onion, green pepper, and celery in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir until vegetables start to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir tomatoes, beef broth, pineapple, garlic powder, black pepper, and brown sugar into sausage mixture. Cook and stir until brown sugar has dissolved and mixture comes to a simmer. Whisk reserved pineapple juice with cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth. Stir cornstarch mixture into sausage mixture and cook until sauce thickens and turns clear, about 2 minutes. Serve sausage mixture over cooked rice.
Source : allrecipes.com