How To Make Healthy Greek Yogurt Brownies
- ¼ cup almond flour or oat four*
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup bittersweet chocolate, chopped (4 oz)
- 2 TBS butter or coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup Vanilla Greek yogurt**
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ to ½ cup chocolate chips to mix in
- ½ cup 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup heavy cream or coconut cream, or half & half
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees grease a 9x9” baking pan and set aside.
- Mix almond flour, cocoa powder and sea salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- Melt chocolate & coconut oil/butter together in the microwave. Mix until completely melted.
- Mix in sugar, Greek yogurt and vanilla.
- Mix in eggs, one at a time until the batter is completely smooth.
- Add dry ingredients, whisk until just incorporated.
- Add chocolate chips!
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the top is just barely set and the edges are slightly pulling away from the sides of the pan. (20 = gooier brownies)
- When brownies are finished baking, place the pan on a wire rack and cool.
Make the Ganache:
- While the brownies are baking, make the ganache.
- Add heavy cream to a small saucepan and warm over medium-high heat until it just begins to bubble. Do NOT let it boil.
- Turn off heat and whisk in chopped chocolate and vanilla until the mixture is dark and smooth.
- Remove from warm burner and let cool slightly. The ganache thickens as it cools.
Putting it together:
- Once the ganache is slightly cooled, pour it over your cooling brownies.
- Let the ganache firm up at room temperature or place in the refrigerator to speed up the process.
- Remove from refrigerator, cut and serve at room temperature, or serve cold!