- 6 green apples
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 6 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Core the apples, and remove the peel from the top third of each one. Place them in a baking dish, and fill the core holes with as many cranberries as you can fit.
- Meanwhile, stir together the water, brown sugar and honey in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar and honey if necessary. Once it comes to a boil, pour the mixture over the apples.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, basting with the juices every 15 to 20 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Source : allrecipes.com