- 8 dried New Mexico chiles, stemmed and broken into small pieces
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 pounds pork shoulder, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (optional)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Place New Mexico chiles in a heat-proof bowl.
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a small saucepan. Pour over the chiles; left soften, about 30 minutes.
- Turn on a multi-cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and the select Saute function. Coat pork with flour and add to pot in batches; saute until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer soaked chiles to a blender. Add broth, garlic, and chipotle peppers; blend until smooth.
- Combine blended chile sauce, onion, vinegar, salt, oregano, and cumin in a bowl; pour sauce over the pork.
- Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer’s instructions; set timer for 20 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer’s instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove lid.
Source : allrecipes.com