This best Jalapeno Cheese Puffs recipe is delicious, healthy, and perfect for chilly weather ! Super easy to make and perfect for loading up with all your favorite toppings!
Awesome Jalapeno Cheese Puffs recipe, these have great flavor, and take very little time. I use fresh jalapenos, (quite a few because I like them spicy), and dip them in jalapeno jelly. Be sure your oil is at a good temperature, (I fry a couple empty wrappers prior to the real thing and make certain they brown up in 5-10 seconds), and seal the wontons with a paste made of cornstarch and water, otherwise they may explode.
These were delicious! I made these as appetizers for my Asian-themed Thanksgiving dinner and everyone gobbled them up! exactly as written and the only thing I noticed was that the wontons took a while to fold and seal, so give yourself plenty of time. I stuffed the wontons the day before Thanksgiving and fried them on the day of. approximately 50 wontons, stuffed with approximately one teaspoon each of filling.
How To Make Jalapeno Cheese Puffs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced jalapeno peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, jalapeno peppers, garlic and green onions.
- Fill wonton wrappers with approximately 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture each. Fold wrappers into triangles and press the edges with a moistened fork to seal.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Drop 4 wontons at a time into the oil and quickly fry, turning once. Remove when golden brown and drain on paper towels.