- 5 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 2/3 cups white sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup table cream (18%)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
Prep : Cook : Ready In :
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stir apples, 2/3 cup sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg together; distribute apple mixture into a 9×9-inch baking dish that is at least 2 inches deep.
- Whisk flour, remaining 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Stir egg, cream and melted butter together in a cup; pour egg mixture into flour mixture and stir until all ingredients are moistened. Using the back of a spoon, spread batter over apple mixture to seal apples in completely.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown on top, about 50 minutes.
Source : allrecipes.com