How To Make Keto Low Carb Mongolian Beef
- 1 lb Flat Iron steak , thinly sliced against the grain
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 3 Green onions , cut into 1-inch long diagonal slices
Low Carb Mongolian Beef Marinade
- 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1 teaspoon Fresh root ginger, peeled and ginger , Do not use powdered ginger!
- 2 cloves Garlic , chopped
- Scroll up to watch the short recipe video first!
- Cut the Flat Iron Steak into very thin slices against the grain.
- Add the sliced beef to a small ziplock bag and add the coconut aminos, peeled and grated root ginger (do not use powdered ginger), and garlic. Let marinate for 1 hour in the fridge.
- When you are ready to cook, drain the meat from the marinade but reserve the liquid for later.
- Add the coconut oil to a large wok or cast iron skillet and heat it until it’s almost smoking, the oil must be hot so you can get the nice crispy edges on the beef.
- Add the beef to the very hot oil (you may need to do it in two batches, don’t crowd the pan) and keep stir frying over a high heat, taking care not to burn it for just 1-3 minutes.
- When the last batch of meat is in, add the green onions and cook for the last 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Serve immediately!