I love Loaded Green Bean Casserole Recipe, but I like mine extra creamy with fresh mushrooms. This is my take on an old classic holiday favorite! Enjoy!
How To Make Loaded Green Bean Casserole Recipe
- 2 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp. slices bacon, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 3 c. whole milk
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 c. shredded cheddar, divided
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. French's fried onions
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare an ice bath. In a large pot of boiling water, add green beans and cook until bright green, about 6 minutes. With a slotted spoon or tongs, quickly transfer green beans to ice bath to cool, then drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Cook bacon until crisp, 8 minutes. Remove bacon from skillet and drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Over medium heat, whisk in flour and cook until lightly golden and no longer raw, about 2 minutes.
- Add milk, Worcestershire, and garlic powder and bring up to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Let mixture thicken slightly, about 2 minutes, then whisk in 2 1/2 cups cheddar until completely melted. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Combine green beans and cheese sauce in a medium baking dish. Top with remaining cheddar and bake until warmed through and bubbling around the edges, about 20 minutes.
- Top with bacon and fried onions and bake 5 minutes more.
- Garnish with chives before serving.