- 3/4 cup chopped dried mango
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 9×9 inch baking pan with wax paper.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, place the mango with enough water to cover. Cook 15 minutes, or until soft. Remove from heat, drain, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix 1 cup flour and 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into the prepared baking pan to make a crust.
- Bake crust 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned.
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly blend mango, brown sugar, 1/3 cup flour, eggs, mixed nuts, baking powder, lemon extract, and salt. Transfer to the prepared crust.
- Cover, and bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven until filling is set. Cool slightly before dusting with remaining confectioners’ sugar. Cut into squares to serve.
Source : allrecipes.com