- 12 ounces uncooked chorizo sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen diced hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Hunt’s(R) Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado, cubed
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chorizo, breaking it apart until crumbly. Saute until it starts to brown, about 3 minutes. Add chopped onion and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes. Transfer chorizo-onion mixture to a plate.
- Pour oil into pan and heat over medium-high heat. Add frozen hash brown potatoes and seasoning salt. Stir to coat potatoes in the oil.
- Let the potatoes brown on one side, then flip once after about 5 minutes. Both sides should be browned and crispy, about 5 minutes per side. Add the diced tomatoes and the chorizo and onion mixture; stir gently to mix evenly. Cook for 4 more minutes, stirring once to rotate the ingredients from the bottom of the pan to the top for even cooking.
- Serve topped with cilantro and cubed avocados.
Source : allrecipes.com