How To Make Mustard Chicken Recipe
- 8 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on you can use chicken breast, see the tips in the post above
- 6 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp whole grain Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp butter
- 5 tbsp Crème fraîche see my substitution tips in the post above
- 1 c chicken broth
- 10-15 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1 small shallot sliced
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and rub with both mustards.
- In a Dutch oven or big oven-proof skillet melt butter on a medium high heat. Add chicken and brown from both sides, about 4-5 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- To the same pan add shallot and onion and sauté for about 5 minutes until translucent.
- Add chicken stock, scraping the brown bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Add thyme and bay leaves and bring a mixture to a boil.
- Stir in Crème Fraîche and return chicken back to the pan.
- Cook uncovered in the oven for 50-60 minutes until chicken is completely cooked through and no longer pink in the middle.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately!
- Don't forget to grab my free European Comfort Food Ebook.