- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 (10 ounce) cans minced clams
- Place diced bacon in large stock pot over medium-high heat. Cook until almost crisp; add onions, and cook 5 minutes. Stir in water and potatoes, and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, and cook uncovered for 15 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Pour in half-and-half, and add butter. Drain clams, reserving clam liquid; stir clams and 1/2 of the clam liquid into the soup. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until heated through. Do not allow to boil.
Source : allrecipes.com