- 2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 (.25 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 9 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated lime zest
- Combine cookie crumbs and sugar in a large bowl. Pour in melted butter, and mix thoroughly. Press into the bottom and one inch up the sides of a 10-inch springform pan.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the lime juice in a small bowl, and set aside to soften. Bring 1/2 cup of whipping cream to a simmer in a heavy pan. Remove from heat, and pour over the chopped white chocolate. Let soften for two minutes, then whisk until smooth. Mix the gelatin into the warmed chocolate until melted; set aside to cool to room temperature. Beat remaining 2 cups of cream to stiff peaks in a large bowl, and set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese with the sugar with an electric mixer until well blended. Slowly blend white chocolate mixture into cream cheese, then mix in lime zest. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture, and pour into prepared crust. Cover pan with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
Source : allrecipes.com