How To Make One-Skillet Spinach Artichoke Chicken
- 6 chicken thighs bone-in, skin-on
- Sea salt and and pepper to season chicken
- 1 tsp lemon garlic seasoning or garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- 8 oz fresh spinach roughly chopped
- 14 oz can artichoke hearts roughly chopped
- 1/2 med onion chopped (or 1 small)
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 cup chicken bone broth
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- pinch crushed red pepper optional
- Sea salt and pepper to season veggies
- 1/4 cup coconut milk full fat, blended prior to adding
- 2 tsp spicy brown mustard
- 2 tsp tapioca flour or arrowroot
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and make sure ingredients are prepped and ready to go.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet (or any oven proof skillet) over med-high heat. Season chicken with salt, pepper, and lemon-garlic seasoning, rubbing in to coat skin.
- Add 2 Tbsp ghee to skillet, then brown chicken on both sides - about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Once browned, remove chicken from skillet to a plate and lower heat to medium. Add 1 more tbsp ghee to melt only if you need to.
- Add onions and cook one minute until softened, then add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add spinach in batches to wilt, then add artichoke hearts, stir and continue to cook 3 minutes over med heat until softened and heated through. Season with crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper to taste, stir in broth* and lemon juice. Remove from heat.
- Return chicken back to skillet, place skillet in preheated oven and bake 25 minutes, until cooked through, then return skillet to stovetop.
- Remove just the chicken from skillet with tongs to make the sauce. Whisk tapioca and mustard into coconut milk, then add to skillet and whisk to combine. Bring to a boil and allow to boil 2-3 minutes until thickened, stirring. Return chicken to skillet and serve with spinach artichoke sauce. Enjoy! Serves 6