- 1 cup orzo
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 zucchinis, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
- coarse salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar, or to taste
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook orzo in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain and spread onto a rimmed baking sheet to cool completely.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir zucchini and garlic in the hot oil until slightly tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix orzo, zucchini mixture, basil, vinegar, and remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate to blend flavors, 1 hour to 1 day. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Source : allrecipes.com