Ingredients for Panna Cotta:
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 1/2 tsp unflavored gelatin (1 packet Knox gelatin)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
Ingredients for Berry Sauce:
- 2 cups berries divided (I used 1 cup raspberries and 1 cup quartered or halved strawberries)
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
How to Make Panna Cotta:
- Off the heat, place 1 cup milk in a medium sauce pan and sprinkle the top with 1 packet gelatin. Let stand 3-5 min or until gelatin is softened. Place pan over medium/low heat and stir until gelatin dissolves and mixture is steaming, about 4-5 min (do not boil).
- Add 2 cups heavy whipping cream, 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp sugar, 1 tsp vanilla and a pinch of salt. Continue stirring about 5 min until sugar is fully dissolved and mixture is steaming (do not boil). Remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes.
- Place sour cream in a medium bowl with a pouring lip. Whisking constantly, gradually add warm cream. Once the mixture is completely smooth, divide it into 6 wine glasses or 8 ramekins. Refrigerate until fully set; 4 to 6 hours.
How to Make Berry Sauce:
- In a small sauce pan, combine 1 cup berries, 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice and 3 Tbsp sugar. Bring to a low boil and cook 4-5 min or until syrupy.
- Stir in remaining 1 cup of fresh berries and remove from heat. When syrup is at room temp or just barely warm, spoon it over the top of chilled panna cottas.