- 1 (9 ounce) package Mexican chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 serrano pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- Cook chorizo in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until sausage turns a dark red, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove chorizo from the skillet and set aside.
- Melt bacon grease in the same skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add diced potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Add diced onion and serrano pepper and continue cooking and stirring until potatoes are fork-tender, onion is translucent, and serrano pepper is soft, 2 to 6 more minutes. Add chorizo back into skillet and stir until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
Source : allrecipes.com